Monday 31 March 2014

Burn by Julianna Baggott (review)

Title:         Burn
Series:       Pure
#:                 3
Author:    Julianna Baggott



Inside the Dome, Patridge has taken his father's place as leader of the Pures. His struggle has led him here, intent upon bringing down the Dome from the inside, with the help of a secret resistance force. But things are not as simple from his new position of power and he finds himself tempted by his father's words: perhaps if the world is to survive it needs the Dome - and Partridge - to rule it...

As Partridge's resolve weakens, Pressia and Bradwell continue piecing together the clues left to them from the time before the Detonations. It is their hope that they will be able to heal the Wretches, and free them from their monstrous fusings and the Dome's oppression once and for all. But everything depends, too, on Partridge. Separated by distance and history, can they still trust their friend and ally? Or is the world doomed to an eternity of war and hardship




Ok so this review is taking it's time to get onto the blog/written, I just keep getting sick (blame work) but I am sort of up and finally ready to write it.

Lets just start off on a high, I loved this book, I love the whole series, it is one of the best series I've read in a long time. Now then you ask why? well lets see if I am as good with my words as Julianna Baggott.

Ok. So I am a bit of a slow reader and I was reading this bit by bit in my lunch breaks a bit before sleeping at night, but this book is too interesting to put down and go back to work or sleep. There are so many twists and things I didn't see coming that I had to stop reading in pieces and just read the rest in one sitting. I am very glad I did so I could just absorb the rest of the book.

Yes this book still had the grizzly bits that make you cringe but they're not as bad as the first book, or maybe it's because you're onto the third book you've gotten used to it just enough to be able to read them all. It is a bit disturbing to think of a human fused with the earth, animals or machines, but what I found scary was the fact that science is advancing very quickly and humans are still human with all their good and bad traits which makes this book all that much more real to me.

What I didn't like? is that the book had to end, I think I could just keep reading about all of these characters, this world, just so that I could stay in the book.

The ending for this series leaves much for the reader to fill in, the author has taught us a lot about this world, how it works and how the people work, and now we get to think up what will happen to them all. Lets just say this story was no fairy tale where everything is just magically made right. But enough is made right.. you know.

My final verdict for this series, is that this book is not one to get into lightly, it is a dark grizzly tale of death and survival that will change your view on people and life. But do go read it now.




No comments:

Post a Comment